Eric Kolesar – Owner/Head Coach
Eric has been training martial arts for nearly 3 decades and coaching for over 20 years. Having started wrestling at 8 years old and then experiencing traditional martial arts, he later found the competitive side, in Muay Thai. Having competed across the USA in Muay Thai and Kickboxing, he was still searching for more. It was at that time that he found Crazy Monkey Defense and it was after being introduced to Crazy Monkey and CMD Founder Rodney King in 2005, that he rediscovered the reason he started training martial arts in the first place, to take the lessons learned on the mat and use them to become a champion in life. Since that time he has made it his mission to change the way that martial arts is viewed, coached and experienced. Eric is a veteran of 20+ years of service in the US Army, having served as an infantryman for over 12 years and as a Relief Commander at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery. He is husband, father of 3 children and a martial artist. Eric teaches modern martial arts as a life performance vehicle and where it counts most in self preservation!
His achievements include:
- VP of Global Trainer Operations, CMD Intl.
- USA/UK Director of CM Trainer Development, CMD Intl.
- Licensed CMD Coach, awarded the Rank of Gold Gloves, 2nd Lace by CMD Founder Rodney King
- Monkey Jits – Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt
- Certified Level 1 CIA (Combat Intelligent Athlete) Program
- Certified Level 1 EMP (Embodied-Mind Performance) Program for Sparring Performance
- CIA Edge Knife Defense Trainer
- Permission to teach Narkradam Muay Thai by Ajarn Kham Narkradam
- Certified Sitsuriyasak Muay Thai Coach
- Army Combatives Instructor
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- IKFF Certified Kettlebell Trainer Level 1
- B.A. IDS, Social Sciences, Central Washington University
- Master of Science Degree, Leadership and Coaching, Bellevue University (Nov 2016)